Recipe from Gourmet Traveller
- 200 gm (2 cups) dried breadcrumbs
- 100 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 x 150gm pieces of beef – we use girello or round steak
- For shallow frying: olive oil
- To serve: lemon wedges
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley and garlic in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine.
- Place egg in a separate bowl. Dip beef, in batches, into egg, shake off excess, then dip into breadcrumbs and press lightly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and shallow-fry beef in batches, turning occasionally, until golden (5-6 minutes).
- Drain on absorbent paper and season to taste. Serve hot with lemon wedges and tomato, potato and oregano salad.